Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mankala and Jason

Mankala is being fussy this morning. I want her to play with me and she runs to Jason to be held.

Adrianne says it's because I'm too big and don't know how to play gently yet. Duh! Has she seen my feet??? I couldn't play gently even if I wanted to--

But I really, really love Mankala. She's my favorite companion, after Adrianne, of course. I'm pretty sure Adrianne told me that Mankala is their first Savannah (that's why she's Jason's favorite...), but Mankala never had kittens, so now she's retired and tells the rest of us what to do.

Everyone else listens to her; I just flop down with my front feet across her and she can't move. Makes her really mad if I don't let her up. Jason leaves Mankala's claws a bit longer than mine and when she's had enough, she rolls over on her back and kicks me on the top of my head til I let her go.

For some reason, it always makes Adrianne laugh.

Something about the look on my face...

No comments:

Post a Comment